Fire Damage Restoration
House and vehicle fires are some of the most devastating disasters a homeowner can experience, and some of the few it’s difficult to prepare for. According to the U.S. Fire Administration, 11 deaths occur and 56.2 people are injured in fires every year out of every million people of in general population.
If you’ve been through a house or vehicle fire, contact Florida Engineering Solutions for help. Our experts regularly perform post-fire inspections; we can also help you protect your home from possible fire hazards. We recommend taking precautions that include:
- Keeping matches, lighters, and candles secure and in high places, especially if you have children.
- Keeping at least one fire extinguisher in an easily accessible room, and teaching everyone to use it.
- Disposing of cigarettes properly and never leaving ashtrays on furniture.
- Making sure outlets have only one plug apiece in them, and contacting us or an electrician if you encounter frayed cords. Always replace your old cables.
- Unplugging electric blankets before bed, and never leaving them folded.
- Keeping all appliances away from water.
- When possible, staying in the kitchen while cooking.
- Keeping garages, attics, and basements clean; never leave gas cans or oily rags out.
Even the most careful homeowner may experience a fire at some point. If you do, you can rebuild with help from Florida Engineering Solutions. Our experts will inspect your home, first for superficial damage, and then using more detailed techniques. We will point you to reputable air quality testing sources, as well. Air quality testing can tell you if there is still smoke or other noxious gases in the air, which may cause respiratory, ocular, or other health problems.
Firefighters are our first line of defense concerning house fires, but their work often leaves extensive water damage and flooding. The Florida Engineering Solutions team checks every part of your house, including the exterior, for water damage. We keep in touch with sources who can assist you in recovering or replacing destroyed property and inspect your house for mold water damage can cause. Some of these molds are toxic, so if we find them, vacate your home until they can be thoroughly eradicated. Do not stay to gather valuables; take only what you immediately need. You can recover valuables once your home is safe again.
Once fire damage is completely eradicated, contact us about rebuilding or reinforcing your home. We perform personalized consultations for people rebuilding their homes – or building a dream home from what’s left of the old one. If your home withstood the fire but shows wear and tear, ask us about reinforcing foundations, walls, and other vulnerable areas.